“…and I will make them dwell in safety. And they shall be my people, and I will be their God. I will give them one heart and one way, that they may fear Me forever, for their own good and the good of their children after them. I will make with them an everlasting covenant, that I will not turn away from doing good to them. And I will put the fear of Me in their hearts, that they may not turn from Me. I will rejoice in doing them good, and I will plant them in this land in faithfulness with all my heart and all my soul.” (Jer.32: 38-41)
A dream that I have had for a long time is becoming a reality. Our children have begun to reach out to others with prayer, dancing, singing, and sharing food. We did it all in Jonasse, where we have a small church with lots of children that are less privileged than ours. Our kids did a good job under the supervision of Amina, who also did a very good job. And since Heleninha was leading the worship and did a drama, my “motherheart” rejoiced even more. Amina has been in Holland with us and in the Lighthouse ministry. She has come back with fire and a love for the children. She is ministering more and more to our children and in outreaches.
We have started Sunday school in Jonasse, and hopefully will start a new church in Stevel, near Boane.
We are so happy with our new car! A grande Hiace Toyota, 4×4 which will help us with transporting children to the hospital but will also help us do outreaches in the middle of nowhere….
There have been quite a few changes lately.
- With pain in my heart we say good bye to Yudel and Mirtha, the Cuban couple who have helped us for the last 4 years. Now they will start their own ministry in Boane. God is good, and even before we knew about Yudel and Mirtha leaving, He brought new people to work with us. João Macamo is our new manager. We also have new educators, who also are licensed to drive our new car.
- The project that we had started with teenager girls and mothers has stopped again, at least for the time being. It is a pity that it didn’t work out but, on the other hand, peace has come back amongst the children as much as for me.
- We have had to fight malaria and resistent malaria in many of our children, workers and the neighbourhood, but it seems to get better now that the “cold” season started.
- A team from the States built a new room to my house, a guestroom, so “hoio-hoio” (Welcome).
- Several teams from South Africa and Holland will come in the coming months.
- We received again a few new children. Rosita is one of them. She is a sweetie, small but already 12 years old, and very hungry to know more about God. She had seen something on television, probably the Christmas story and the stable in Bethlehem, so she asked me if Jesus really was born as a little goat and later was transformed into a man… speaking about faith!
- We are on Facebook now: mama Cor
- Mama Helena lives close by now, in a rental house. It is so much better for us, and for her family….
- We have been to the beach with all the children. It was a wonderful day, sunny and warm. To get there was a challenge. I had better not tell you how many children and adults were put together in a mini bus….but on the beach and in the water there was plenty room for playing.
- Slowly but sure Vasco is getting better. He is recovering from a bad infection in his leg, and has lost a lot of weight. Now he gets a little present every time he gains a kilo.
- Please pray for João Macamo, out new manager,that he will feel at home with us.
- Please pray for our church in Chinonanquila. There has been such a lot of confusion lately and we have had to stop the services for the time being.
- Please pray for the new church in Stevel.
I am Helena, now I am young. I will be 14 years and I like to speak English. I like to be a model and to dance. I send you this picture so that you will not forget me. Lots of blessings and love, Helen
As always, thank you so very much for your prayers, donations and friendship. We need it all
Corrie and Heleninha